Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image15.05.2023VietnamOn 26 and 27 April 2023, the German-Vietnamese Science Day (GVSD) brought together scientists, representatives from politics, administration and business from more than 100 organisations in Da Nang, central Vietnam.
- Image02.05.2023In 2023, the Special Award for Global Corporate Partnerships of the International German Sustainability Award (DNP) will be awarded. For the first time, the DNP will honour companies/institutions based in Germany that, together with a partner company from a developing or emerging country, are making a strong contribution to sustainable development and global climate protection through environmental and efficiency technologies.
- Image26.04.2023Adaptation to climate changeThe Central Highlands project region in Vietnam is affected by severe drought. The DROUGHT-ADAPT project team left for a consortium trip to the region in April 2023.
- Image10.04.2023BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyThe company RITTEC (project coordinator revolBRAS) won a start-up prize in September 2022. Part of the prize was a two-week roadshow in Brazil, organised jointly with the AHK- and DWIH-Sao Paulo in March 2023.
- Image31.03.2023Kyrgyzstan, Tadzhikistan, UzbekistanLand managementIn March 2023, the new CLIENT II project SUFACHAIN to promote sustainable land management through innovative agroforestry systems in Central Asia had its official kick-off workshop in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Image30.03.2023Land managementProtecting forests and using them sustainably: The current issue of the FONA newsletter of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) reports on the CLIENT II project SUFACHAIN.
- Image08.03.2023GhanaSustainable energy systemsThe EnerSHelF Project is finalizing its research results. In this process, two policy briefs have just been published. In a condensed form, they present findings and key recommendations derived from the research for relevant stakeholders and policy makers.
- ImageEnhancing Sustainability in the Indonesian Textile and Clothing Industry: project activities in Indonesia in September and November 202221.02.2023Climate protection/ energy efficiencyThe CLIENT II project EnaTex aims to accompany the Indonesian textile industry on its way to sustainable production, focusing energy efficiency and renewable energies. The project is attracting great interest from companies, business and science in Indonesia.
- ImageSuccessful End of the Moroccan-German Research Project I-WALAMAR to Improve Water Efficiency and Food Security15.02.2023Land managementAfter initial discussions in 2016 and a pilot phase, the project "Sustainable Technologies and Services for Water and Land Management in Morocco: I-WALAMAR" came to an end in December 2022.
- ImagerevolBRAS: First Results in the Field Study Extension with Waste Collectors' Cooperatives in São Paulo City14.02.2023Resource efficiency and circular economyFrom mid-November 2022 onwards, the revolBRAS project team conducted an extended field study in Brazil with waste collectors’ cooperatives. The objective of the study was to collect data on the market potential of PET-containing waste. Five other “Cooperativas” participated in a gravimetric study to identify the PET content in the waste volumes in São Paulo City. The target materials were identified as PET-containing post-consumer waste which does currently not have any market value and cannot be recycled through already existing technologies in the country. After the month long training the waste collectors’ cooperatives began the sorting. First results of the study are already available.