Here you will find news on CLIENT II, current project developments as well as reports on sustainable innovations from the seven subject areas and all regions. You can narrow the selection by choosing the subject or region you are interested in from the menu. If you would like to be updated regularly, you can subscribe to the CLIENT II newsletter.
Did you miss something? You can find the newsletter archive via the right button.
News Article List
- Image31.01.2023VietnamLand managementThe CLIENT II project OrganoRice aims to improve organic rice production in the Mekong Delta. In April 2023, the project will start with a kick-off meeting in Vietnam.
- Image18.01.2023GhanaClimate protection/ energy efficiencyOn 08 December 2022, after four years of planning, the CLIENT II project LevelUp was ceremoniously opened with a symbolic groundbreaking.
- Image07.12.2022KyrgyzstanLand managementOver the summer months, construction work on the Real Lab - a community house in the framework of ÖkoFlussPlan project in Kyrgyzstan continued successfully. The main objective of the Real Lab is to demonstrate the combination of sustainable insulation and renewable heating technologies. In that regard, the building is insulated with reed. For sustainable heat supply, a solar thermal system was successfully installed on the roof of the community house, which generates heat for domestic hot water and space heating.
- Image22.11.2022UzbekistanWater management, Climate protection/ energy efficiency, Adaptation to climate change, Land managementFrom 18-19 October 2022, the second CLIENT II Stakeholder Conference for Central Asia took place in the framework of the Uzbek Inno-Week 2022 "Green Innovations for Sustainable Development". The conference was dedicated to regional climate projects in Central Asia and attracted over 100 participants from the CLIENT II partner countries in Central Asia as well as Mongolia, Japan, Israel, and Germany.
- Image09.11.2022BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyThe materials made from renewable raw materials developed in the BestBioPLA project were successfully processed into an automotive component and presented to a wide audience of experts at the K plastics trade fair in Düsseldorf.
- Image09.11.2022VietnamWater management, Land management, Natural hazardsWars, salinization and climate change the demand for small dual water plants. Given that water is becoming scarce in more and more regions worldwide, technologies that were originally only intended for arid regions are also becoming relevant in Germany. IEEM, the Institute for Environmental Engineering, has developed a new concept for small waterworks as part of a project funded by the BMBF. This is intended to help where one natural water source alone is no longer sufficient.
- Image08.11.2022South AfricaAdaptation to climate changeThe latest FONA newsletter featured a report on the CLIENT II project FarmImpact. The project has explored solutions to climate change-induced water shortages on farms in South Africa.
- Image08.11.2022Adaptation to climate change, Land management, Natural hazardsFrom 19 to 23 September 2022 a training on Web Processing Services (WPS) and their integration in the multi-risk analysis tool (RIESGOS demonstrator) developed within the RIESGOS 2.0 project took place at CENEPRED (Centro Nacional de Estimación, Prevención y Reducción del Riesgo de Desastres) in Lima, Peru.
- Image04.11.2022KyrgyzstanLand management, Natural hazardsThe CLIENT II project DUB-GEM has documented in a new video how the exploration of a uranium waste site in Kyrgyzstan works with the drone-based DUB-GEM system.
- Image02.11.2022BrazilResource efficiency and circular economyA lot has happened in the revolBRAS project: In October 2022, face-to-face meetings with Brazilian stakeholders took place at the K-2022 trade fair in Düsseldorf, and the project coordinator RITTEC Umwelttechnik was awarded the Startups Connected 2022 in Brazil. The team is also planning a field study in São Paulo city in November 2022.